The house comfortably sleeps 9 and is arranged over three floors. Guests are greeted by a well-equipped cottage kitchen on the ground floor which leads through to a cosy dining area with a farmhouse dining table, church pew seating and ladderback chairs. Beyond this is the open plan living room with beamed ceiling and relaxing sofas. On the first floor are two comfortable double bedrooms, a single bedroom and a family bathroom that includes a shower, wc and pedestal washbasin. On the top floor is a twin bedroom, accessed over a three small steps, the master bedroom complete with en-suite shower and wc., and a small living room/snug.
Lantau Cottage dates back over 400 years and is steeped in a rich history offering discerning guests a flavour of days long gone. With quality furniture and soft furnishings throughout it is very well equipped for modern day living including broadband internet.
The house is normally let from Saturday to Saturday during the peak season but we offer long weekend breaks during other times. Off-site parking for 2 cars is included with one space in the nearby Beachside carpark and the other in the Millpool carkpark which is a 7-8 minute walk from the house. There is also a drop-off area a few paces from the house where guests can unload and load their luggage. Alternatively, forget the car and come by train – it's a scenic journey from Liskeard to Looe and once you're here, everything is walkable. The train station is a 10 minute walk from the house.
Lantau Cottage is ideal for those who enjoy the freedom of a self-catering holiday in one of England's most scenic coastal landscapes - that of south-east Cornwall. The beaches and historic harbours found here continue to inspire many artists and are excellent for those who enjoy seafaring and sailing pursuits, as well as ancient woodland and moors when heading inland. The town of Looe has restaurants, pubs, tea and gift shops galore. There are a number of food shops in the town including one selling local produce and another offering locally caught fish.
At a glance:
- Sleeps 9
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Wifi included
- Bed linen and domestic towels included
- Parking for 2 cars
- Close to beach
- Close to harbour and shops
- Living Space: Lounge with comfortable sofa seating, a TV, WiFi Broadband internet access and a stereo system.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a dishwasher, grill, oven, stove, microwave, fridge, toaster, a blender and all essential cooking utensils.
- Utility room: A washing machine, a clothes dryer, a vacuum cleaner and ironing facilities are all included.
- Dining room: Farmhouse table, pew, ladderback chairs, placemats;
- Bedrooms: Five bedrooms including 2 double bedrooms, 1 king-size double and 3 single beds. One travel cot/crib is available (please bring your own betting for this).
- Two bathrooms: WC., shower, pedestal sink.
- Central heating is included and quality cotton bed linen is provided along with towels and a hair dryer.
- A cot and child's high chair are also available and the property has allocated parking for two cars.
- One parking space is at the Beachside car park and one is at the Millpool car park.
Lantau Cottage is a no-smoking property and we regret that we can't take pets.
Availability: Weekly bookings usually have a Saturday changeover and short breaks are available for most of the year.